Bored of Skulls, Coins and Elon Musk

The more things change the more they stay the same.

3 Likes

That’s the point: to keep the power, one must adapt to the change. Trying to fight it drives to lose that power.

4 Likes

Hey @forester ! so true! I totally agree with you !
Plus I love your mushrooms! Here are some of mine, let’s mushroom the world!

greetings

4 Likes

Haha - very nice, Kenobi! I very much agree - let’s build mushroom kingdoms together! Besides: I like your sketches - the small squirrel is dope! Just in case anyone wants to visit my forest :mushroom: Mushrooms will warmly welcome you.

2 Likes

I also have a lot of them. These are mushrooms with buildin RFID-Chips which trigger a MP3-Player
greetings

7 Likes

Hi @forester !
I opened the topic The Mushroom Kingdom ! Please post your NTFs there !
greetings

3 Likes

Thanks for all to make this thread so interesting deep polysemantic intellectual arthistorish ! I’ve read it now several times. Love! (and sorry again for my bad english)
greetings

4 Likes

I’m liking the level of conversation in rarible myself. A very welcome change .

5 Likes

I thought you were bored with typical crypto art. Post deleted.

1 Like

Indeed, but it’s not the point of this topic which is a discussion around Elon, Dogecoins and boring other NFTs :slight_smile:

By the way, you know I really love your NFT :slight_smile:

My Fantasy NFT here, here, here and here (NSFW). My profile is here
I always follow for follow, even on instagram where you can see my other pieces and my painting process.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, technically Elon musk’s photo is copyrighted to him or the photographer unless it was his consent to give the rights to someone else commercially, right?

So without consent, they are considered derivative of the original image and if Elon wants to DMCA all of them, he could?
Correct me if i’m wrong, of course, I definitely do not have a law degree here

1 Like

You’re absolutely right! It could turn to a total chaos if he put his lawyers in

2 Likes

Well, let’s all hope and pray that they don’t do that :rofl:

2 Likes

I pretty sure he won’t. Why should he? As stated above: the elon musk kids are part of his success. ‘Their work’ serve as effective advertisement. The best thing from an Elon Musk viewpoint is: he doesn’t even need to pay for his campaign. Formally people like him needed to hire and pay advertisement experts and photographers/designer/… to do effective advertisement which reaches the ones who will spent money on their business. With those ‘artists’ who choose Musk as a subject of ‘their work’ Musk doesn’t even need to spend money at all - neither on conception nor on on the production of those advertisement pictures. This is an echo chamber where the ones glorifying him reach the ones glorifying him and the ones glorifying him – you get the point. Incredibly effective marketing - great for Elon. :slight_smile: :moneybag:

2 Likes

Totally on your side.

I would put it like this:
Stuff like skulls and such is illustration, and illustration is repetetive because its sole purpose is to remind you of a known image that is already in your head (like the face of elon musk). Now the mission of illustration is to modify that image, to grab your attention again. That being the case illustration is highly volatile because it needs the trend setting from outside (mainstream) as you would see it in a viral meme. As in illustration work memes need to be modified throughout the period of time to grab attention again, but surely slowly dying once the peak is reached.

Best regards,
Konstantin/Adam

2 Likes

Hi sweet @community !
It’s strange but for me it feels like skulls’n’elons getting more rare and it’s getting more interesting. Or I’m more adapted to contemporary NFT trash style. No, Art’s not dead, I see stories in it. It’s changing and it’s gettin better. There’s a shift.
greetings :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Hello All,
Well thanks to SNL we will see so much more Coins and Elon Musk. To the moon they will come so are you ready[poll type=regular results=always public=true chartType=bar groups=trust_level_0,trust_level_1,trust_level_2]

• yes
  • no
  • to the moon!
    [/poll]
    so let’s see how you vote.

Your cool kids club member,
AKA ChAmBo

2 Likes

Hi @AKAChambo

What’s SNL?
greetings

2 Likes