A few days ago I created an erc721 collection and 3 items in it.
everything shows fine on rarible and opensea.
- the “Icon” or “cover art” for the COLLECTION (not the minted items, their covers are showing fine).
doesnt show in my COINBASE WALLET app on ANDROID.
- the Token IDs of the items (3 pieces) are not 1, 2, 3 instead I have 2, 4, 5. The numbers are in the row of minting but should be 1, 2, 3 ?
I do have an erc1155 collection with editions minted, everything showing fine in the same wallet and are numbered accordingly to when minted. 1, 2, 3 and so on…
My investigation so far brings up:
- deleting the cache of the coinbase wallet forces the app to reload all images (thats good, because easy, no deinstalling or log out/restoring needed).
- I asked coinbase support to look into it as well but I asume this is a metadata issue.
- changing the “Icon” of the collection on rarible and opensea didnt help. I tried multible times with waiting time and refresh but this doesnt force the Metadata to update, what makes sense because the link is allready set in the contract, pointing to the images URL ?
- there is METADATA to each token and a JSON schema containign the image URL and other info and is editable as far as I understand.
My assumtion is that this METADATA is somehow “broken” it doesnt reffer to the right IMAGE URL (pointing somewhere on rarible space I guess) and TOKEN IDs of the pieces in the collection.
If I was more skilled, I could change some of the information, at least the Token IDs, here at etherscan
- I will open the discussion there as well.
I hope some dev, with more code wisedom than I, can either point me to the right direction or helps me with kungfu skills fixing this metadata and editing/updating the contract info.
I am not sure how critical are edits to this…