Difficulty purchasing Ether

Hello all,

I’m quite new to this world and want to jump right in. I’m having the worse trouble buying Ethereum.

I’ve tried to use Visa payments, bank transfer and patience on platforms like MetaMask, Zerion, Ramp and Wyre and whatever pops up directly on rarible.

MetaMask still shows a PENDING sign from 4 days ago with Transak. And Zerion shows no record of my transaction even though I confirmed the payment with my bank. What’s is going on!?!

Had any others found difficulty in purchasing ether when they first joined? If so, any tips and how to solve this?

Thank you in advance!
ISpeakFro

1 Like

Hi @ISpeakFro, welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Rarible has nothing whatsoever to do with problems buying eth so you might want to search YouTube for how best to navigate the unknown

However, you’re not alone with problems buying when using metamask, especially with Wyre as the problems with wyre are refusing to be accepted by the company as anything to do with them

I had this problem at the beginning also and my workaround was to buy with coinbase and send to my metamask wallet

You may find your own workaround or others might suggest further answers but whatever you do you would want to do it before moving forward as it is the wallet you have connected to the platform is the one you’ll be using going forward (you can transfer to other wallets but you’ll want to keep things clean and costing less)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for tour reply @SMARTPopArtist! Can I ask for a bit more clarity on some of tour advice:

[Wyre as the problems with wyre are refusing to be accepted by the company as anything to do with them]
So, this Wyre lot are ignoring complaints from users? Should the complaint to to Wyre, MetaMask or my bank? Who is responsible for “pending” status?

[I had this problem at the beginning also and my workaround was to buy with coinbase and send to my metamask wallet]
I’m leaning towards coinbase too at this stage. But as you suggest below, I’d like to clear the air first whit my two pending attempts. How did you resolve this problem in the begining? I’ve no idea how to cancel the transaction. Everytime I look up how to do it on google, the steps are not matched on the apps today. Either the platform has changed, or my status is even more precarious.

[it is the wallet you have connected to the platform is the one you’ll be using going forward (you can transfer to other wallets but you’ll want to keep things clean and costing less)]
I’m not too sure I understand this. Do you mean I can transfer my rarible account to another wallet or do you mean purchased Ether can transfer to other wallets?

Many thanks again,
Natasha

1 Like

Hi Natasha :slight_smile:

you cannot transfer your Rarible account to a new wallet, you have to start all over again. However, you can transfer whatever you have in that wallet to a new wallet but you really should consider getting it right first as these lessons can be expensive (cost of transferring etc)

yes. Their advice is “try again in a week” and it’s an appalling company to work with

…you’ll be wasting your time …

‘pending’ can be a failure to realise the transaction so you should be looking at the transaction on Etherscan (and you would also notice any transfer of funds here too)

I took it as a learning experience and moved on

you would need to trace the transaction using etherscan and if it’s gone through there would be a record of it. I can’t comment on Zerion as I have no knowledge of who or what they are

2 Likes

Ok, thanks @SMARTPopArtist!

Just 2 more Qs from your latest.

[‘pending’ can be a failure to realise the transaction so you should be looking at the transaction on Etherscan (and you would also notice any transfer of funds here too)]

When I sign in to Etherscan, the front page shows nothing different from a new account. What would this mean?

[I took it as a learning experience and moved on]
Do you mean that you left those transactions in their pending status? If so, were they ever processed in the end or are they presumably still in their pending status?

:blush:

1 Like

Hi IspeakFro,

If Metamask showed a PENDING sign after a long period, this may mean your gas fee was too low
and transaction failed as result. It could be solved by select the Fast transaction fee everytime you want to made a transaction, instead of slow or medium. To do so, click the right top icon on Metamask, select Setting > Advanced, scroll down and turn on the Advanced gas controls. By selecting Fast gas fee, this maximum your chances of transaction will be success. Hope this help.

1 Like

I too, use Coinbase and Binance US as a fiat to ETH tool. You also can check out KuCoin, I heard that they start to accept credit card payment.

1 Like

Thanks @Weimagination.

For some clarity:

[By selecting Fast gas fee, this maximum your chances of transaction will be success. ]
Do you mean that after I turn on “advance gas controls” I can then select “fast gas fee” for the pending purchase? Or do you mean that I can select “fast gas fee” only for future purchases?

Best

Not the pending transaction, but the future transaction.

1 Like

For the pending/stuck transaction, there’s nothing much that you could do. But you can check the link which explain what can you do if your transaction stuck.

Wow, I must write 20 characters just to write thank you :blush:

Thank you!!

1 Like

You are welcome! Good luck with the NTF journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems @Weimagination has been able to add the knowledge while I slept (in Aus), sweet :slightly_smiling_face:

Just something else tho - when you highlight the text of another to quote that person, there is a little grey box that pops up that says 'quotes - just click that, it saves the cut paste :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like