Direct messaging option?

A direct messaging function would be nice to message other artists.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome among us, @JATO

Are you talking about a DM option on the Rarible site?

With the forum and Discord, it’s not really necessary

3 Likes

@Sheratan, I get your point and thought process, however what if the artist is on neither platform? If they aren’t in discussion, because most are not, or on discord which arguably even less are… having a dm on the actual rarible site isn’t really such a bad idea!
And to the OP, welcome to the discussion boards!! Tell us a little about yourself, share a link to art, etc :grin:

In fact, I still don’t find that useful : the purpose of the forum is to build a community of artists, which is the case. And if an artist is neither on Discord nor the forum, maybe it’s because he d’ont want to interact at all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Valid point! Touché! Lol
I’ll stick to discussion, I personally hate discord

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t consider myself an artist by any means. I’m a creative and collector.
I just love to create. And I just joined rarible and the discord channel.

I stumbled upon an artists profile last night that I really connected with and I thought it would be great if I could message them! …of course, this was after a glass of wine :smirk: and I’m sure the reality would have just been obnoxious.

rarible.com/jato

5 Likes

I’ve been there, but rum is my route! Lol search the artist on here and if they are here, DM them through here!

3 Likes

Agreed, the last thing I need is another way to get messages! If buyers want to reach me, they can find me through links I choose to provide

2 Likes

I agree with all parties but here’s the thing. I say we :100:% implement a msg system to Rarible. Which is optional there will be a setting to except msgs or block msgs that way everybody is happy.
Then we would be able to instantly contact Artists or instantly know they don’t want us to. Rather then beating around the bush.
Searching for social profiles.
I highly recommend this because I have noticed here in the discussion many Artists use different user names than their Artist name and different profile pics. Which can make it very trouble sum to find the artist your looking for.
There would still be a need for the discussion as the discussion is where we discuss as an entire community and Share ideas and info.
But I feel a better option for DM would be nice. :+1:
Just my opinion.
I remember when I first started with NFT and Rarible I was quite surprised there wasn’t a msging system built in. :thinking:
Seems like there should be.
Why not?

3 Likes

I still don’t think it’s necessary.
An artist can link to his Twitter, IG, FB or personal website who message options exist.

Rarible crashed often and I’m not sure a DM option won’t deteriorate the site stability furthermore.

3 Likes

Yes @Sheratan this is true but I’m tired of going to peoples twitter,instagram,facebook just to find out they don’t except msgs. I would much rather know right away.
For us with Garbage internet it takes a long time to load sites.
Messages take no Data at all. Rarible crashes because there are crazy amounts of images and video ex. I’m pretty sure it won’t effect the stability Instagrams been doing it for years pics video and msgs nvr crashes.
Rarible just needs to upgrade their servers.

2 Likes

Let’s see what the Rarible team will decide.
But if an artist declines message on regular social medias, I don’t think he will answer on Rarible. Plus he will find that feature super annoying.

2 Likes

How is it annoying when you can just turn it off if you don’t want msgs.
The key thing of it is so we can instantly know weather they want a msg or not.
Just like instagram where we can tell if people want to be contacted or not.
yes we will see. :+1:

1 Like