Does the royalty last for the life of the NFT?

Is it just one sale or the life of the NFT? Who can confirm?

Thanks,

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

currently, no! It lasts as long as the token stays on Rarible but if it moves to OpenSea, for instance, the loyalty system get lost. Both companies are working on the portability of the royalties together.

My NFT here and my profile here
I always follow for follow, even on instagram where you can see my other pieces and my painting process.

Oh gosh, well hopefully they come up with a solution. Thanks for your reply Sheratan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I always follow for follow, even on instagram where you can see my other pieces and my painting process.

Could you please explain what you mean with “if it moves to OpenSeas, the loyalty system get lost” (Sorry, newbie here.) I noticed that my NFTs also show up on OpenSeas but do you mean that if someone buys it there it “disappears” from rarible? I mean in that case everyone would buy it outside of rarible because it’s cheaper/better for themselves, right?

Have a look at my cool mushrooms here.

1 Like

Hi @forester,

no it won’t disappear there, but it changes of ecosystem and in the OpenSea Ecosystem, the royalties created on Rarible doesn’t work at all. They try to fix this.

1 Like

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation. So that means I could either sell it on rarible or on opensea, right? (Just in case I’d ever get an offer :wink: )

Yes indeed, but if you set Royalties, they won’t migrate from Rarible to OpenSea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it. So its better (at least for right now) to sell them on Rarible.

1 Like

HI @Sheratan

Thanks for this thread. I will ask a couple of questions.

Q1. Does the problem still exist ?meaning that if royaltes are set on opensea, they won’t get transformed to rarible if the sale happens on rarible ?
Q2. is there any way I can set royaltee fees programatically ? meaning that I mint the token outside of rarible and somehow then set royaltee fee for it ? I don’t want to be going to rarible website to create NFT’s. hope that makes sense what I am asking.
Q3. The task is that When I mint something on my website, it should appear on rarible. I somehow did it, created ERC1155 contract, and after this, I minted 2 tokens. After this, those 2 tokens appeared
On opens. The problem is that those 2 tokens appeared in some kind of not defined collection yet. It’s defined, but not fully. Now, I want to set royalty fees , but I can’t edit that collection at all. And it’s the only way that royalty fees get set Per collection and not per item. I tried to set fees per item as well, but didn’t find any options to do it. So seems like this way, I can’t do it.

I tried to create a collection first at rarible, but then when I mint something on my own website, I can’t put this newly minted tokens into that collection at all and problem is the same. WDYT ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome among us @novaknole

so :

As far as I know, yes. There’s still no portability between OpenSea and Rarible.

No, unless you can program yourself the overall process of minting. By the way, no platform will be able to welcome your NFT as they rely on different programs to mint.

You need to use the Rarible Protocol then. You created ERC-1155 contracts, not collections. That’s why they’re displayed under the generic conditions of ERC-1155 and ERC-721 contracts.

You’re mismatching collections and contracts. A collection does not generate royalties. Only NFT can do that. You can’t edit a token once minted, so you can’t alter Royalties in anyway primarily (you can’t change the percentage) however you can dispatch the royalties between several wallets.

Maybe if you linked to your website and to your Rarible profile, we should figure what’s happening.

I wish you the best here :four_leaf_clover: