GAS ROBBERY. Total scam

Not only has gas made this and other sites unusable when you try to lower the gas by just enough to accept a offer and still make a small amount of money and I mean small. You are still robbed of the gas payment WHEN not if it fails. Utter disgrace. This is obvious daylight robbery. I’m done with this platform. Utter scam. Pay the asking amount on the cheaper stuff or just get lost. Making cretinous offers is killing this for everyone.

4 Likes

Yes, the gas fees are totally losing the NFT world.

2 Likes

It’s a real shame. I was enjoying it but I got pumped for 79 dollars today from a 95 fee. They took the 79 and I got nothing for it.

3 Likes

It’s really, getting boring IMHO…

3 Likes

it’s why I’m all with H=N now

2 Likes

Do you have a link? SMARTPopArtist?

2 Likes

Here’s a link for ya @Lusky https://www.hicetnunc.xyz/ I can’t bring myself to mess with H=N simply because the way the site looks you’ll see. Lots of people rave about it though.

4 Likes

All good, I DMd him :slight_smile:

I think if you treat it like your drug-addled brother you’ll be fine - accept it’s not perfect but the cost of gas is like 2cents, there’s a great community producing incredible art, it’s around 2million times less energy consuming than eth, and tezos has increased by 350% since August. I don’t even bother with Foundation anymore

3 Likes

Open Sea is offering a “gas free” (polygon) service but suspect some $ commission catch.

As sad as it is to say, It’s sort of the game you play/signed up for with ETH. It does suck when you’re trying to break out and show people stuff and learn the ins and outs the hard way. I’m not aware of how SOL or TEZOs plats handle their NFT and gas (if any) but maybe you should check some of those out?

100/100 I have to concur. Rarible can try implementing the Polygon side chain like Opensea has. Minting is currently gasless over there now.

Gallery

Sorry to hear that. Please keep track of gas prices on rarible analytics and wait for the gwei to hit 30 or lower. This happens (not as much) usually on weekends (Sundays)

Gallery

For sure. :grinning:

Gallery

Rarible can now print without paying Gas. Good luck to everyone.

3 Likes
1 Like

Minting happens after the sale. No sale no minting. So, no cost of minting and no cost of burning of non existent mint!!

ughh you’re the right the platform design is just awful

1 Like

This is from Rarible directly:

“*Please note: if you wish to burn the lazy minted NFT, you will need to pay the gas fee as with the regular NFTs.”

If you want to create a lazy mint and then burn it so we all could benefit from knowing whether or not that includes gas fees then I’d be happy to support that :slight_smile:

Please get back to the forum when you know what happens

@Lusky I’ve basically moved over to Opensea now and minting with polygon there for free. Altho no sales yet on the new polygon mint, its pretty amazing that its literally all free. Zero minting cost, you can decrease or increase your prices for free, cancel listings for free, transfer for free, everything is free free free and I love it haha. Also you should get more sales with polygon since buyers pay zero gas as well which is a huge advantage vs selling on the ETH blockchain.

I also find myself buying more NFTs of other artists since there is zero gas with polygon NFTs whereas before I’d have to also calculate the potential gas hit when purchasing.

1 Like

thanks for sharing, that sounds totally doable :smiley:

1 Like