How to spread the word about my work if I don’t have followers

Hello helpful community!
You helped me so much before but I have another question. How should I share my work if I don’t have followers on Twitter and Rarible.
I know Patience is a must… but just curious.
Do you share it on Instagram? Pinterest? Facebook?
Any tips and trick? TIA :pray:t2:

7 Likes

Hiya,

1. Tell everyone you know that you are having NFT’s for sale
  2. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Dont forget Facebook groups and the like. Any social media you are connected to. Connect to groups to have more reach.
  3. when you mint a fresh artwork, be sure to mention it in your social media aswell
  4. regularly share one or more (but not too much at the same time) artworks on social media, whatsapp groups, etc. etc.
  5. Try to get attention from local news media, magazines (online or real), etc. etc.
  6. Organize an exhibition of your works in a gallery or so, to show what people can buy online.

etc. etc.

12 Likes

Thank you so much for the ideas!! I feel ppl still don’t know much about NFT on traditional art groups. Yesterday I did a poll on my Instagram and more the 68%didn’t know about it! Then I tried to explain a little bit! Also I feel like a rejection from ppl that don’t understand NFT?! Do you feel that?
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me! I will try that!

5 Likes

Good questions @Mariinksarts I have also felt some backlash when trying to explain NFT’s to others, I am interested to see what some more experienced members have to say on this topic.

N.Aimless

2 Likes

Don’t explain. People need to learn about these things by them selves. Just keep building on your own ideas. Many will not understand. Some will appreciate it. Just like art.

5 Likes

That is a good point!! Sometimes we want I to explain things and ppl have their own mind set! You are right! Thank you so much!!:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

At the moment, a lot of traditional artists don’t know what NFTs can be - they think it’s all digital only

You need to be in this for the long term as, also, a lot of traditional collectors don’t know that NFTs can be tangible pieces

Do you have traditional and digital work available for sale?

If so - do some interviews, offer yourself up to be interviewed about how NFTs can empower traditional artists by reducing commissions and receiving royalties and tell them when a piece sells, you get the money instantly instead of having to wait 6-8 weeks

You need to prove to other artists that tangible pieces can be sold as NFTs; you will receive resistance because people are wary of change; you will find they will want to offer up arguments as to why it’s useless/won’t last/a bubble/bad for the environment/full of scammers etc

If you can confidently provide answers to those people and then sell them on what I said above about commissions/royalties/instant payment, then you will eventually succeed in getting your message across and getting followers in the long-term

You will have people in which it doesn’t matter what proof you give them in that this is the future of selling art - those people will resist everything and they are not your people, don’t waste time or energy on them

Good luck :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi @CryptoShark, I do not agree with not explaining. I think it is important for people to know and understand about this. Sure, if someone does not want to listen, then it is useless to try to explain, but there are many out there who have heard about it and don’t know where to start, or what it even is. To push our movement forward we definitively will have to educate people about it, and we will definitively have to be some kind of ‘ambassadors’ for NFT art. Yes, many will not understand (or don’t want to understand), many are indeed afraid of ‘change’ but it doesn’t mean that others are aswell. The more people know about NFT art, the better, imho.

6 Likes

I think you have a point. Sure you can explain, but some people like the ‘Non believers’ are very hard to convince. I have had some experience explaining cryptocurrency to people some years back. A lot of negative thoughts. So I just stopped. You got to have a tough skin banging in to walls all day. :shark:

6 Likes

Thank you @CryptoShark @SMARTPopArtist @rickwezenaar for taking the take to help me.
Some ppl on my Instagram asked me to explain it better so I did (the little I Know) and they were very receptive!
I’m learning myself and loving it!
@SMARTPopArtist when you say it’s not only digital you mean after they buy it you can ofter the traditional art (like a print of the work or the painting right?)
You all have valid points so I will continue doing my art and some NFTs. When ppl ask I will explain and give info but be aware that some ppl will always be against everything in the world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Also if you guys are interested to see what I do my Instagram is Mariinksarts I’m an alcohol ink artist.

My Rarible is Mariinksarts but I’m not verified yet so it’s difficult for you to find me

Thanks again​:heart::pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

I am an alcoholic too…Oh, sorry did I read that wrongly ? :joy:

5 Likes

Hahah I get that all the time!! The good thing is that if I don’t sell my art I know what to do with my materials! :rofl::pray:t2::heart::pray:t2:

3 Likes

well, you gotta have fun in life, so keep on drink…ehh painting :wink:

4 Likes

For sure, yes; look at my Rarible profile - I have tangible work; tangible + digital work: and, digital only

I’ve been playing with the digital only but my main thrust is the tangible paintings (check out my website for what I do) and I’ll be moving all my work onto blockchain in the long-run

I haven’t decided which platform I’m going to go with yet for the foreseeable future but I have an idea of which one it will be

Then, it’s just like selling art anywhere else - blockchain is just another platform such as your website. As people buy work on blockchain, you’ll get in touch for an address and send it to the buyer, simples :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your message and explanation! I will definitely check your website and I’m already following you on Instagram! Thank you again.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

My pleasure and I hope it helps; feel free to ask any more :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good work don’t stay hidden for too long!!!

Keep creating!!!

My Profile and NFTs

My Instagram

Twitter

4 Likes

@oArtista Vc é brasileiro?

yes, man!!! :grinning: :+1:

My Profile and NFTs

My Instagram

Twitter

@oArtista me segue por favor Eu não tenho seguidores nem no Twitter nem aqui :joy: