I give up. Thank you <3

Hello friends,
It’s been more than a month with me being unable to sell my only NFT for at least the price that can cover the mint expenses.
This points out few important things that I need to accept.

• My work and goals simply don’t worth as much as I thought. This in the end is something good. Being able to realize and accept something like that is only in my favor.

I took a very important decision, art seems not to be my thing and I should definitely put my energy into other things. I had some finished C4D projects pending to be minted, but this will be canceled and I will not mint any further works as I promised within the description of My Heart

I wish you all good luck and the ability to reconsider your purpose in life as I did, even tho I have no clear path from now on.
This doesn’t mean that I will abandon the Crypto News topic or Hot NFT project.

This thread is a letter from me to me to simply remind me that not everything that you have in your head as a ‘good idea’ or ‘goal’ is achievable. I had to stop the delusion and I had to stop the dream. Doing that on time feels more healthy than living with the idea that things that I do will face the amount of appreciation that I was hoping. Which in the end is normal, nobody is obligated to like mine or your or anybody else’s work. It is just how it is.
So, I renounce myself as an artist and even as an artist ‘wanna be’.
To you this text might not be important but for me as an online entity is a virtual contract that I have to sign.
Thank you for the support and all the love.
And I curse you all to receive the same amounts of both love and support multiplied by thousands.
Be happy and be yourself even if it means to run away from something that you felt it is important for you or someone else.
<3

14 Likes

Hey there , glad you reconize , but dont give up ,maybe your art will do better using diferent type of platform ,maybe nft is not for you but etsy migh be.
Wish you good luck and all the best.
Never give up

Check My Profile here

10 Likes

This is a very long marathon. Artists never give up. 1 month is a very short time. In my opinion, you shouldn’t give up. You never know what the future will bring. The works of many famous artists, unfortunately, gain value after years.

10 Likes

Ahhh !! come on !! come on !!

9 Likes

It seems that I’m a very basic human. The denial from ‘collectors’ to me is more than a straight signal that this is something that I’m not good at. Not looking for compassion either. As I said it is more like a virtual contract with myself, as I’m what I’m and I need to say that to be able to exit.
Still, thank you, but I already took a decision to never mint or publish any kind of art anywhere under any circumstances.

3 Likes

@makemorelove

Please don’t give up . I used to feel like you after spending years trying to sell art on redbubble , teepublic and other platforms . After being accepted on amazon merch and improving my art and designs I’ve started making a little bit of money . Art is subjective and very personal . One person’s idea of art may not be another’s and there really isn’t a strict guideline for what art actually is . Specifically to me it must trigger an emotion or reaction . A month isn’t really long enough to decide your entire future art career. I’ve been making art since 2009 and still sometimes get disheartened . Dont give up . Stand up step forward and keep fighting .

Below is an example of my first art drawing I posted on deviant art and the second piece was one I did a year or so later . As artists we change styles and improve all the time… please keep making art the world needs artists. :pray:

10 Likes

You are not simply an artist. Every artist is special. The fact is that collectors tend to tend towards certain works from time to time. That doesn’t mean your work is bad. But your decision is yours. I hope you will be successful. I wish the best for you.

4 Likes

@makemorelove Please know that you have motivated many of us by entering into this Crypto-Space that has NFTs, and a host of other new ventures. Please know that you are an Artist, not a wannabe, you actually took the effort to create and show others that they can do it too. Please don’t mistake the state of the Crypto Market at large to invalidate your accomplishments to create art. Many others may use this time to reflect, pull back from sales activities because of the high fees, but please don’t quit. Please be inspired, motivated, and encouraged to take this time to create more art and become more active when the Crypto-Space is stronger for you. (Not Financial Advice) just hope to someone who has given this Rarible Community some Love.

5 Likes

@Genesis83 Thanks for your encouragement to @makemorelove. It’s great to cheer on other Artists and Creatives. Love the examples that you posted.

5 Likes

Hey @TheGasMan thank you :blush: we should all support each other. One world , one love

3 Likes

:heart: :pray: Thanks for showing the Love.

3 Likes

@TheGasMan anytime , hopefully we will all get sales and continue to make art :blush:

2 Likes

My friend how many painter burnt their works because they were not satisfied with it. This in no way takes away the creativity.
The collectors market makes and breaks trends. I respect your decision even though I always find it sad to see someone quitting (maybe too soon)
Good luck to you my friend!

6 Likes

if this is something you tried out and now realized it’s not your cup of tea, it’s completely fair to stop here and move on with something else. if art and crypto is your passion i’d advise you to stay patient and active and keep trying! some things just need time and NFT creation is one of them! One month is not a long time on the market! wishing you luck

3 Likes

Hey @makemorelove,

don’t give up, you’re a pillar of this community. I’m in the same situation and yet I persevere!

Don’t be deluded by confounding trend and art.

I’m totally a niche and out-of-place artist in the NFT world but I love this universe even if I do not fit-in. I think some collectors are in the same case as me but we haven’t met yet :slight_smile:

So it might be the same for you :smiley:

8 Likes

I agree with personal choices, but I also encourage endurance, persistence, and determination to make our Dreams Come True. No pressure on anyone. Thanks to all for your synergy.

6 Likes

Thank you for the kind words.
It’s just when you feel you are not meant to do something I suppose there’s no need to push it further.
Simply there was time where I thought I do cool things, now reality showed me that the cool things are actually not that cool :slight_smile:
There’s nothing bad with this. I do not wish to turn into one of these people appreciated more after they died, so it is better to stop now instead of fueling dreams or hopes and living for years with the idea that maybe one day it will be good enough to put bread on my table.
Obviously there are millions of truly and way more talented people that did not even had the chance for the amount of attention that I got with your comments. So please, do not reply further.
I needed to write that just to be able to mentally drop it.
Please do not reply further.
Let it be.
Be well as good you already are.

4 Likes

@makemorelove I urge you not to give up yet. I keep telling people that patience is key here. Give it time!

I think I speak for everyone when I say that you have proven yourself to be a very important part of our community. Your crypto news thread is absolutely exceptional, and we all learn something from it. I myself would be very disappointed to see you leave.

Give it some thought, be patient and don’t throw the towel in too quickly.

Take care buddy :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m leaving the idea of being an artist, I’m not leaving the forum :slight_smile: :beers:

4 Likes

Excellent dude :+1:t2::+1:t2::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes