I give up. Thank you <3

^something crucial we should all take from this… ^
(along with many other good sentiments posted here !!)
LOVE SUPPORT LOVE

3 Likes

Hey @makemorelove, instead of cancelling it all out have you considered doing it as a hobby?

You’ve already created a space for yourself in this world so keep it going with just a few hours a week; hopes and dreams are not tangible but a hobby is so you should be chasing the latter while building on the former

Sending you love, peace, and happiness (along with the occasional neuropathic melt-down because hey, we’re humans and humans go through a range of emotions and to chase eternal happiness is patently absurd) :yellow_heart:

1 Like

It’s great that you have come to a realization but at the same time, you’re putting a lot of eggs in one basket. You only minted one item at a fairly high price, so that’s a lot of pressure to put on yourself.
Most artist struggle for years before they sell a single painting. I had the honour of doing some classes with a master portrait painter David Leffel, he’s an old man now and has been painting for like over 50 years. Is he rich? not really, is he happy? hell yeah, he gets to paint all day.

Don’t give up on your first piece of art. You never know, the next piece could light up the zeitgeist and be a sensation…or not.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Esto es como cualquier negocio o empresas si abriera una galería o un negocio físico lo cerraría el primer mes porque no se vendió nada?? El mundo Criptomonedas NFT inversiones en activos financieros no tradicionales es aún más disficil el primer mes no te vas hacer millonario y aunque rarible se tarde un mundo en ser verificado y si no lo estás no aparece ni siquiera en la publicaciónes (cosa que me parece errado) porque eso es como que abriera un perfil en Amazon y este no te deje vender nada hasta pasado meses después de era verificado??? Y me preguntó el tiempo que uno invierte en crear arte, en desarrollar tu negocio que no es sólo crear el arte pagar publicidad manejar redes sociales y muchos otros más en mi casa no soy artista pero si he invertido en artistas para llevarlo aquí porque muchos no conocen de esto?? Que hice registre una empresa página web publicidad contacte con artistas compre obras a artes físicas solicite una patente para poder digitalizar estas obras de arte estamos trabajando en 408 obras para un coleccionables y que ha pasado (rarible no me ha verificado jejejejje y no un puto mensaje o correo para tener esperanza) jajajajajaj y mientras tanto todo el esfuerzo y dinero invertido para publicar en su página y ellos que??? Pero nada veraz en lo que hayan más plataforma de ventas y ellos no corrijan su método de verificación se quedarán sin proveedores porque para ello también es un negocio si no tienen artista que publiquen sus obras en su plataforma a la larga se quedarán sin usuarios que publiquen en su plataforma!!! En mi caso he publicado solo 2 obras esperando que verifiquen pero ya estoy pensando en irme a otra plataforma ( y la pregunta quién pierde más nosotros o ellos que dejan ir artistas a otra plataforma por su mala gestión de verificación) www.rarible.com/8553 aquí mi perfin jajajaja aún sin ser verificado

Stay with us and never give up :blush:!

3 Likes

@makemorelove I’ve only just joined the platform and the gradually crawling my way to understanding the NFT space. I figured I’d browse the forums to soak up a bit of shared learning. If anything, your post has really helped me calibrate my expectations. I don’t have much by way for sagely observation, certainly nothing more than has already been noted in the replies, except to say thank you for sharing, and strength for the path ahead.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome among us @ravi,

Your feedback is very important.

I wish you the best here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t give up. Have a rest from it. Who knows what the future holds. It’s not like you are having to spin plates on here. A month is very little time.

1 Like

Your path should align with your goals. If sales is your only goal, then perhaps you move on. I wouldn’t call that quitting. However, you’re making an ungrounded assessment of all future success based on a lack of early interest.

I don’t think it’s obvious exactly how this platform is going to pivot over time. It’s still a really immature structure, with lots of changes ahead. We are all learning here. Sure, if my name was Floyd Mayweather, I could probably sell a lot more, but is that going to be fulfilling?

Art is subjective. Art is fickle. I’ve had beautiful works get completely overlooked and mediocre works get praise. There are plenty of items on here that I wouldn’t buy in a million years, and I see them selling. Others that are fantastic, and they get passed up or don’t show up at all.

I’d say sit down and ask yourself what you’re truly after. If you enjoy creating, keep creating. Just do it in a way that doesn’t break your bank account. Me? I haven’t sold a single token yet, and my stuff doesn’t show up in searches yet. I believe in my art. I believe in my approach. I believe in the possibilities ahead. Therefore, I’m committed to figuring out how to pivot.

Consider there is a massive audience of consumers that still don’t even know how to get here. It’s early. There’s time. Stay true to your goal. All the best.

4 Likes

So true. To believe in yourself is to love yourself. Some people have defeatist mindsets from the start. All they will do is rattle around all their lives like tumbleweed in the wind.

1 Like

@makemorelove You clearly have a passion for all things crypto. I honestly check your crypto news forum daily for updates. Why don’t you put a site together for crypto updates? Build a following like you have done here and create revenue through ads on the site. I enjoy the bitesize news, quick and to the point. Also, I’m pretty sure you started on rarible around the same time I did, while I also haven’t sold anything either, its important to be both optimistic and patient. I see NFTs and selling them as a long game. This as an experiment to see if people even like what I put out. I personally don’t have the money to purchase many NFTs and I imagine the majority of users are in a similar position. For me, even a like goes a long way. It shows people are interested, whether they pay for my work or not. Keep the faith, share when you can. I wouldn’t donate all of my time to it but I wouldn’t give up on it either. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

The content for the news ain’t mine to make a website about it. The forum thread is just enough for whoever finds it useful. There are plenty of websites synthesizing news on all crypto anyways. I just share things that I personally think worth as news. That’s why it’s also not every 1h or only 1 per day. It’s whenever something valuable appears. : )
Btw about Rome :slight_smile:
It was not, but how many generations you have ? :smiley: My best bet is that I have about ~20 more years. F Rome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally feel you man. I’m same as you even longer lol and I’ve been drawing since 7 and some of my stuff hang in rich people homes but not much in NFT though.

It’s not your fault. It’s just the way this monster is especially if you’re not already famous in some way. The avalanche of everyone trying to make it is overwhelming. I mean the lack of good taste is also overwhelming but that is a matter of age and perspective.

I wish you best of luck in whatever you do. Keep creating if it is an outlet for you.

Cheers

4 Likes

You are correct. Believe it or not, there is enough room for all of us in the world.

3 Likes

Really? You minted one NFT and waited 4 weeks and then you give up? I am here for half a year now, spent 400 Euros on minting 5 NFTs and received one bid for 2,50 Euros so far.
It is all about getting lucky.

4 Likes

Exactly, as you say I gave up on time. Went all in ~140$ to mint one and stopped right there :smiley:

4 Likes

My Profile and NFTs

My Instagram

Twitter

1 Like

Your post is off-topic @oArtista :wink:

1 Like

haha @Sheratan

@makemorelove should find some peace!!! :wink: :+1:

My Profile and NFTs

My Instagram

Twitter

2 Likes

Listen @make, from what I can see, you like multi-tasking.

Not many peop[le can p[ull it off in the most desirable way though. That does not necessarily mean that because you are not seemingly up to scratch in one area, at least, in your own mind, then that means that you have auto-failed.

There is such a thing for multi-taskers as a back burner and if you are burned out, put it on there for a short while and leave your NFT on the internet, you don’t have toay anything more for this as it is already in the blockchain forever.

Worst case scenario, you get to tell your grandkids how you managed to be part of the beginning of the NFT revolution which is another feather to your already illustrious cap!

1 Like