Newcomers : Search function before creating a thread

Hi fellow artists and newcomers,

so as to keep the forum coherent, could you please consider using the “search” function before creating a thread?

Chances are 99% that the thread you’re about to create already exists. So the result is a chaotic forum with multiple threads carrying redundant informations and forcing users who try to help and answer to repeat the same things all the time.

Redundant hot topics that do not need a new thread :

• Presenting your NFT (you can do it here, here, here or here)
  • Follow for follow on Rarible, Twitter/Instagram/Facebook
  • Account Verification
  • NFT not showing on Rarible
  • Price of gas fee/ Price of minting (go to Rarible Analytics which give you live prices for each step of a NFT’s life)
  • ERC-721 vs ERC-1155
  • Problems minting your NFT
  • OpenSea
  • Verification confirmed but Badge doesn’t show up on your profile

and so forth…

Any redundant thread or topic for self-promotion created will be deleted without warning!

Thank you very much in advance.

18 Likes

Nice one , hope this will help lots of question topics ,thank u for doing that :pray:

1 Like

As some users wonder why some other users like me ask to search before creating a thread, here are some reasons :

• the forum is sorted by most recents posts, so, basically, you won’t see a similar question which has been answered several days before, but by creating a thread, you create a new answer in the database, which dilutes the chances of a new user to find the answer they need.

• We are hundreds on the forum, but only a few to answers questions. Believe me, it’s tiring to answer the same question all the time. For the regular users, you’ll notice that many people’s, who used to answer, brutally stopped. Why? Because they were fed up. As I often say, we’re users just like you, not admin nor mod, so we can’t merge topics together. That’s a pity, because it would ease our volunteering here.

• While I understand frustration, I find quite unfair that certain peoples complain and criticize when they post once every two weeks just to advertise their token and never helped anybody there. To be really honest, I don’t care because I try to be helpful, but I can’t spend my time answering the same question over and over. They’re just infatuated because they may have X thousands followers on any social platform or be verified, but they’re just entitled and selfish, especially when they sell nothing because verification is not a magical spell that makes appear buyers.

• Using the search bar takes no more than two minutes (it’s now longer because of redudant threads that only a mod can merge, but you may also have noticed that mods rarely (almost never) roam here). If you sort the results by the numbe of answer, you’ll find the result quickly.

Have a nice day/evening/night :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well said :beers:

Check My Profile here

1 Like

Let’s up this thread for newcomers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s up this thread.

1 Like