NFT prices in USD no longer visable! Please bring back!

Anybody else notice when you click on an NFT, the listed price is no longer showing the ETH equivalent in USD?! I really liked the USD conversion listed to give me an idea of what I’d be paying or what I’m selling at without having to go and calculate manually. Just a thought for the rarible developers! Appreciate it!

7 Likes

ye mate, that sucks!!! USD still on bids though :thinking:

My Profile and NFTs

My Instagram

Twitter

2 Likes

But the reality is you’re paying in Eth, not USD. It takes 5 seconds to look up Eth prices. I’m sure they will fix it eventually but it’s not going to make or break a sale. If you go to a gas station and buy something are you going to ask how much that bag of chips is in Eth?

1 Like

A few NFT platforms are launching soon on Binance smart-chain and NFT prices fees will be way way cheaper xD.
I cant wait =).

2 Likes

Well the price of ETH to USD is always fluctuating so would be nice to know what the value is in USD for buying and selling purposes. Yes you are paying in ETH for NFTs but you don’t buy ETH with ETH…you buy ETH with USD so you need to know what the current value is to make a decision. Theres 2 currencies involved that are not 1:1 in value in an NFT transaction. Pretty simple math I think.

3 Likes

Yes this is true but it doesn’t change how much Eth you pay for something. Lets say someone lists something you really like for 1eth, you have 5eth but decide you’ll wait until tomorrow. Price of Eth goes down $800…The value of the piece is still 1Eth not a $$ figure because the next day the price of Eth could go up $1000 but you would still be paying 1Eth. Unless you have the idea of buying a piece and selling it for more Eth than you bought it for then taking any Eth profit and returning it to a $$ value, which in my opinion is a waste of time unless you can convince someone to buy it at a massive markup. You would be better off buying the lows and sitting on it.

3 Likes

It’s working for me! Is it not working for you? Maybe your outside the US?

Nope! Still not working. I live in Canada!

1 Like

Maybe that’s the reason. Just for experimenting, click on an item with a bid. Does it show usd$ price then?

1 Like

Yes so it does show the USD if there is a bid but will not show it if no bid so price of the NFT will just show in ETH

Well… some math might be needed if no bids are made. Not a huge problem, just a very minor inconvenience! It would be great if usd was listed without a bid, maybe they will fix that in an update?

Well they actually had it! Then they removed it recently! ughh it is what it is :pensive:

About Price

Do you not have this at the bottom right hand corner of your screen? :thinking:

I have no bids on mine, but this is what I have. It shows roughly how much it is in USD.

1 Like

@artzero yes i have the same thing! But try clicking on any NFT that does not have a bid and you will not see any USD conversion for the listed ETH price

1 Like

It seems as if this one doesn’t have a bid - it’s on the homepage - but shows how much it is roughly in USD.

1 Like

@artzero okay yes you are right! So I didn’t know that for items on sale where there is no bid it will show the USD! My bad thanks!

3 Likes

I’ll bid on it lol. I posted one and released 20and didn’t sell a single one.

1 Like

I am missing this feature as well… :frowning:

3 Likes

Interesting how some have it some don’t, I just rechecked my rarible and I’m able to see usd as well on non bid items.

You guys aren’t able to view the price in usd under buy/place bid?

I’m beginning to think that maybe people are referring to the live auctions? :thinking:

Cause those ones don’t actually have a price apart from the minimum bid as specified by the artist, and I suppose any bids placed after that.