Option to change the cover of a video NFT

Hi,

would it be possible to enable the option to change the cover of an NFT when the uploaded artwork is a video?

I know that a contract cannot be changed, but in this case the cover is basically a preview of the real video content (unless I miss something).

For sure this is not a top-priority, but it could be very useful (for instance, in my case I uploaded a jpg but thinking about it later on, a gif would have been a way better choice; other members had the same issue, see here CAn I change the cover pic of an NFT? for instance).

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Best regards

Marco

Italian digital and physical artist.
My Rarible profile here
My website here

1 Like

hi @marcocrociart I checked on mine and can`t find an option to change the “cover”.

I recognized that on others nfts before minting my own and created gif anims for “cover” for my vids what worked well. (can bee seen here…)

Hope you find a solution better than burning and re-minting (expensive) and yes, mabe rarible could ad some more clear WARNINGS for things what cant be changed after the minting (red background on these field) …

all the best

===
Hi, my name is Eliot theSuper.
I am an established analog Artist with digital Knowledge.

Check my Account and linkTree for detailed Information.
Please give some hearts to my colletion :love_letter:

2 Likes

Hi @ELIOT_theSuper, unfortunately it’s not possibile at the moment. The only way is burrning and re-minting.
I hope this ticket will be taken into account :smiley:

My Rarible profile here
My website here

2 Likes

Hey there , once is minted u cant change properties.

1 Like

Hi @MixedMedia69 I know, but I’ve opened this ticket to ask if this can be changed, since it’s not the contract that would be modified, just a thumbnail on Rarible website used just as a preview of the real content.

My Rarible profile here
My website here

He @ELIOT_theSuper
Go to DISCORD and cry a bit around why you aren’t verified (at the general channel) They won’t reply to you but 15min later you are verified. Ja, it’s true.
greetings

2 Likes

@KENOBI I’ll try as well, thanks for the hint! :wink: - update: it didn’t work [OT]

1 Like

@kenobi ja thanx for the tip. I honestly dont want to get on a further “social media page” only to just bump them. I wait it out I guess… Have to build connection, landing page and discuss wih my nft-gallery anyways.

I have been asked to do 2 interviews next week about nft (lokal newspaper and an art fair). so yes varification would help to catch momentum, but if thats the process I dont need to push…

===
Hi, my name is Eliot theSuper.
I am an established analog Artist with digital Knowledge.

Please follow my Account and see linkTree for detailed Information.
Please give some hearts to my unique collection :love_letter: and mini colletion :love_letter:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen people do it and I think my best work is in this presentation. It looks like others are doing it successfully. It’s probably the whole song and video ?

1 Like