Who are we?
We are Creative Collective. We are a community of artists exploring tools in the web3 and NFT space. We’re working on being the go-to place for artists of all stripes to onboard into the vast and wonderful world of crypto. We aim to serve our community through education and community activities.
On April 22nd, we successfully fulfilled our first pilot project called the #earthdaynft2021 campaign which was funded by the Rarible DAO. Working closely with Eric Arsenault and Rarible, this campaign proved to be a great success. Artists all over the world supported this campaign and confirmed the importance of community building among creators within the Rarible ecosystem.
We see the initial pilot as only the beginning. We are ready to launch longer-term initiatives and continue to serve the Creative community with engaging and interesting opportunities.
Nathalie Nunez - Project and Campaign Lead
For over 20 years has been a Digital + Analog Arts Educator + Marketing Specialist. She has worked as a Teaching artist for various Visual Art centers, STEM Programs. She has also been a member of art collectives, ran community arts projects, and worked as a Brand liaison. She is passionate about creating connections and collaborative opportunities between IRL and the crypto world.
Mark Redito - Project Manager and Artist Relations
A professional musician, visual artist and content creator for over a decade. A big part of my work as an artist explores the intersection of art and emergent technologies. My experience and current projects includes: producing a podcast that explores art and technology intersections (SIM/BIO/SYS), project manager for music + web3 experiments (Songcamp) and resident artist and dot connector for upcoming NFT platform (MysteryDrop). I’m passionate about exploring possibilities for artists/creators to further expand their expressions and offerings in the web3 space.
Below is our proposal to offer our services to the Rarible Creative Community.
Overview on how we plan to serve the community:
- Create campaigns and competitions that engage the crypto-art community.
- Provide education and professional development opportunities.
- Curate and connect participating artists to companies and projects.
- Build partnerships with other crypto-creator communities and the wider digital art space.
We plan on integrating those key elements into the development of our upcoming campaigns. It’s important for us as a collective to be able to thoughtfully iterate and adjust to the needs of the community. This is why we have built-in reflection, brainstorming, and planning into our timeline.
Educational Content Series + Competition Campaign
This educational content hopes to engage the creator community and bridge the gap between crypto native and non-crypto native artists. By highlighting useful techniques/tips from artists that are innovators in their medium, we aim to provide learning opportunities for beginner and veteran artists alike. Our goal with this series is to inspire and educate as well as expand participating artists’ engagement in the crypto sphere. We see this initiative as an opportunity to reinforce Rarible’s mission to empower artists and the creator economy.
Each campaign will have an Interview with a featured Artist curated by the collective. This opens the opportunity to share their story as an artist as well as their journey with crypto and NFTs.
The Featured Artist will showcase a helpful tip or skill in the form of a short tutorial. This may include walkthroughs and screen captures of their work. A few examples can be: music production tips, 3D design tips (using Blender or C4D) and video editing tips (using Final Cut Pro or Premiere).
Competition Parameters will then be presented:
- The theme for the campaign. This can be an audio/visual theme, a prompt, or a cultural moment.
- The inclusion of the quick tip in the art creation. Participating artists have to incorporate the tip or skill shared by the featured artist.
- To enter the competition, the final artwork has to be minted on Rarible.com.
Winning artists will be featured on our Social Media platforms and receive RARI prizes. Each campaign will have a $5,000 USD (RARI Equivalent)t award split between two winning artists. One chosen by the panel (collective and featured artist) and the other by community vote via our discord. A stipend of $500 (RARI Equivalent) will also be given to the featured artist as a token of gratitude for their time and effort. We chose RARI as prizes to build alignment with the artists and incentivize them to use the platform.
Video Series Co-Hosts:
Mark (marksimbiotic#2828) and Nathalie (fractilians#3980)
Video Campaign Structure:
We will be creating 2 Major Campaigns over the next 3.5 months. Brainstorming, planning and execution will begin upon funding of this proposal.
General Project Timeframe: A total of 15 weeks. Schedule as follows:
- Week 1 and 2 - Brainstorm, planning, prep and outreach
- Week 3 and 4 - Record, Edit and Release Content. Marketing.
- Week 5 and 6 - Community votation, Prizes, wind down campaign 1
- Rinse, repeat
- Week 14 and 15 - Campaign review. Write reports/learnings. Share with the community.
Each campaign will be 30 days long. Before each campaign we allot 2 weeks of ideation, planning and content development.
This is followed by 2 weeks of planning/ marketing and prep for launch of the next campaign.
The last two weeks of this proposal we will prepare and share our Campaigns results with the community.
Tentative Start Date:
July 12th - Planning, Brainstorm, Artist Outreach
July 19th- 23 - Record content.
July 28th - Launch Campaign
Week by Week Breakdown:
- Week 1 - Launch of Campaign Video
- Our main Campaign Video will launch on our Youtube channel as well as short form versions on all our socials and Discord.
- Week 1-3 - Marketing + Support +Submission Deadline
- After launch of video, participating artists will have the 3 weeks to watch the video, create their artwork and mint on Rarible Protocol
- Work submitted throughout will be featured on Creator Collective socials: instagram, twitter, youtube and discord.
- Participating Artists - Will also be encouraged via social networks (or Web3 native marketing tool) to share the campaign and tag us with their work on IG and Twitter.
*We will reach out to other artist communities on discord and socials to encourage cross-pollination and engagement.
- Featured artists will also help spread the word on their social platforms.
*The end of the third week will be the deadline for all submissions from participating artists.
- Week 4 - Winner Announcement
Winners announced - Community Prize ($2500 USD RARI Equivalent) and Panel Prize ($2500 USD RARI Equivalent)
- We will be inviting various community members to be our judging panel.
- Having a community prize will help drive community involvement and sharing of projects.
- Will be featured on a follow up interview on youtube.
- Will be featured on our newsletter.
- Will be featured on Rarible Home page ( TBD)
We will be working closely with the Rarible team. We will attend weekly community calls to provide status updates and opportunities. Weekly update calls will be held in the Creator Collective discord. We will post project and opportunity updates regularly through all public and internal channels such as: Creator Collective Discord, Socials (IG, Twitter, Substack). Core team will be available for any inquiries regarding the project through Discord DMs. Funds received from the DAO will be held in a Gnosis Safe Multisig with an option to include an agent of the Rarible DAO to view transactions in the interest of full transparency.
Total ask is $34,625 (RARI equivalent)
$23,625 (RARI equivalent) of the total goes to the core team and $11,000 (RARI equivalent) for prizes and artist stipend. This pays for the core team for a 3.5 month commitment and for 2 campaigns.
Itemized allocation as follows:
$5,500 (RARI equivalent) per campaign will go towards prizes and featured artist stipend:
- $5,000 (RARI equivalent) for Community prize and Panel Prize, split 50/50.
- $500 (RARI equivalent) for featured artists.
$6,750 (RARI equivalent) monthly will go towards the core team and transaction costs:
- Nathalie, Campaign Lead - $3,000 (RARI equivalent)
- Mark, Project Manager & Artist Relations - $3,000 (RARI equivalent)
- Jorge, Discord Moderator - $500 (RARI equivalent)
- Transaction costs - $250 (RARI equivalent) . This covers transaction costs of sending funds to the core team and to featured artists and participants.
Proposed payment schedule as follows:
- First payment of $6,750 after the initial plan for the first campaign concept is created and shared.
- Second payment of $5,500 after the first campaign videos / content are created (in time to give out the funds).
- Second payment of $12,250 after the second campaign concept is created and shared.
- Final payment of $10,125 upon completion.
The scope of contribution and service represents 10-20 hours per week of work from each team member commensurate with current active campaigns and project volume. This includes content ideation and creation, artist relations, project management, community management and marketing. This is expected to increase over time. We would ask to revisit allocation when workload doubles. We will continue to provide value on behalf of the Rarible Community for the next 3.5 months and review at the end of that period.
We see ourselves as independent contractors and will report taxes to the proper tax institution in which we reside.
Why fund this?
Engaging artists/creators in the Rarible ecosystem is a catalyst for a wide range of opportunities. We have found that the more someone participates in the ecosystem, the more paths open up for growth, connection and empowerment. That’s where we step in.
We are here to serve the creative community by building opportunities for them to expand on their knowledge, impact and understanding of their practice and also the crypto-art world in general. We see ourselves as an incubator that’s helping inspire creators to keep learning, creating and empowering themselves.
We will work diligently to create development opportunities and make them known and accessible to artists.
We are excited for the future of this ecosystem and would love to continue to be a catalyst for positive engagement and creation within it.