Proposal for option to add pay for collaborators (Models, Bandmembers,etc..)

I am a photographer and I was having a discussion with a model friend of mine and it got me to thinking, wouldn’t it be cool if I could specify a second payment address in the smart contract so that a model would get paid a percentage if I sold an image of her? Then the secondary could also split the resale percentage.
I believe this may help photographers work with models in a fair payment arrangement backed by blockchain. I could see this carrying down the road to become a standard practice that would be mutually beneficial for all.

8 Likes

Hi, as a fellow photographer I can see much merit in this suggestion.
Mostly I work with fine art and landscape images but would love to experiment more with portraiture and model shots. There’s always the question of who brings what to the table, and a smart contract with authenticated, fair distribution of any ongoing income would be very useful in fairly settling the relationship.
Good idea!

why limit it to a second? in music oftentimes many artists beats are all combined to make dope tunes. there should be a way to have any number of wallet address in that spot, and for them to have a variable percentage cut of either the overall take, or a percentage of a percentage.

10% of the overall sale gets divided 50, 25, 25, and 5% of the sale gets divided, 12.5 12.5 25 25 25, for a total cut of 15% of the sale dived between 8 people with varying roles in the work.

1 Like

Treelove, you bring up an excellent point. I could see a band splitting profits with NFTs, thank you for your thoughtful reply.

1 Like

It is a good idea that the payment could be separated.

1 Like

Let me add my vote to this. Last month I (literally) gave a piece of work to a collaborative project because, apparently none of the NFT platforms have a way to split sales and royalties between the participating artists. (This piece was minted on SuperRare). If that’s the case, then this is a desperately needed add in the NFT space, and it would be great to see Rari be the first one to implement it.

1 Like

That’s great thinking, always better to split the incomz before to get taxed as an artist worling often with other people, rhis would be a game changer…

It could even lead to a system where i could pay all the crew of my movie instead of getting the eth and pay taxe then share!!!

1 Like

Yes! Same here-> Shared Royalties?

Would love to see a feature for shared royalties on rarible :pray:

1 Like