[Proposal] Implement auction mechanisms for rarible protocol

Auction Libraries on Rarible Protocol

TLDR

My name is Ali Azam and I would like to join the Rarible DAO as a builder (Discord handle: ali2251#4380, linkedin here)

This is a proposal to create a few auction mechanisms on top of the rarible protocol. Concretely, this proposal will start with Dutch Auctions, Vickrey Auctions and English Auction. Having different ways to sell NFTs is important in order to keep people excited give them several ways to sell NFTs. The auction will bring in more users and give the existing user the opportunity to make decisions in their best interest. In this proposal we outline 3 auction mechanisms to be implemented as Solidity smart contracts and to be integrated with Rarible protocol.

Funding Milestones and Payments

Milestones & payments:

• Phase 1: Auction smart contracts for Dutch auction with documentation and complete suite of tests written in hardhat and integrated with Rarible protocol + $2K USD + delivery in 3 weeks
  • Phase 2: Auction smart contract for English auction with complete suite of tests documentation and integration with Rarible protocol + payment amount in $1.5K USD + delivery in 2 weeks
  • Phase 3: Auction smart contract for Vickery auction with complete suite of tests documentation and integration with Rarible protocol + payment amount in $1.5K USD + delivery in 3 weeks

Total payment: $5000 USD, complete upon delivery of phases.

Payments will be made to the following Ethereum address: 0x6aA3449855767951F559387A72D5060c412246ae

I consider ourselves independent contractors of the Rarible DAO and will report taxes accordingly. Forms W8-BEN and W9 will be filled out accordingly before funds get distributed.

Funds will be used to pay me (Ali) for the development work.

Accountability

I plan to attend weekly community calls, and provide updates on milestones as I make progress. I also plan to coordinate with the Rarible development team in regards to the architecture of the auction mechanism. In the event that we can’t fulfil our commitment, funds will be returned to Rarible DAO.

Further Information:

The code will be pushed to this repository: https://github.com/ali2251/auctions/tree/main/contracts

3 Likes

Nice! It looks like this idea was suggested before but hasn’t been executed yet!

2 Likes