This is a proposal which aims to empower the community of builders working on Rarible DAO.
There is currently a large disconnect between the builders working on Rarible DAO and the Rarible Protocol, and the RARI tokenholders. For the most part, very few RARI holders are involved in the community building efforts, and don’t have the best understanding of where the community needs to deploy capital in order to be most effective and grow.
This proposal aims to create a working group, with its own treasury that is can allocate as it sees fit. This working group will itself be a DAO, initially using the DAOstack (alchemy.daostack.io) platform. DAOs on Alchemy are reputation based, and as members contribute to the community, they will be able to earn reputation in the DAO.
This proposal also aims to combine two previous forum posts for working group funding: https://gov.rarible.com/t/proposal-funding-to-pay-for-tools-to-support-dao-working-groups/15308/3 and https://gov.rarible.com/t/dev-working-group-proposal/15295.
Working Group details
- Voting power in the working group will include the following people:
- Eric Arsenault, Mark, Max, Elliot, Cooper, Zack, Isaac, Luis, Brody, Skogard, Ali, Jeff, Harry (among others!)
- It will also include key members of the rarible.com team, like Alex and Ethan
- Funds will NOT be used to pay individuals who have existing proposals.
- We will place a constraint on the DAO of 30 members. Once we reach 30 members, the working group will divide into two groups of 15 member (or multiple smaller groups).
- This is an experiment in structuring our DAO. There is a lot to learn, and may not be the long term structure of the DAO.
- This working group (as well as others that might emerge), may become good candidates for delegation once this feature is live on the protocol.
Eric Arsenault will act as the representative for this group, and ensure funds move to the DAO wallet address.
A one time payment will be made to the following Ethereum address: 0xc9044DaabF32659aF9E6ecc58C7247f3Ec7d9C2f
Individuals who are paid by this working group will consider themselves independent contractors and will report taxes accordingly. Forms W8-BEN and W9 will be filled out accordingly before funds get distributed to them when appropriate. Eric will be responsible for collecting these forms.
Funding amount, and use of funds
We are requesting a $50K equivalent in RARI as an initial amount of funding for the working group. These funds will be used to:
- Pay workers for their contributions
- Pay for tools (like a Notion subscription) or software services
This will include a wide range of things, from developers offering support to other developers, to supporting community builders in our discord.
The working group will be completely transparent around how funds are used, and provide reports at the end of each month outlining expenses.
Members of the working group will continue attending community calls and will participate in governance processes.
Why should Rarible DAO fund this?
The current group of DAOists have very little empowerment (most, if not all, are not RARI whales!). Also, for the most part, large RARI holders have no idea what is happening at the DAO level. This funding will help bridge this gap, by giving a working group more autonomy, to move more quickly, and make quicker decisions for the benefit of Rarible DAO and the protocol.
If this experiment is successful, we will ask for further funding to continue the initiative, which should help grow out the ecosystem.