Welcome to the Rarible DAO Governance forum. Here we discuss DAO Governance, token incentives, proposals, governance process, DAO focus areas, growth strategies, how to participate in the DAO, among other things!
Our weekly governance calls are at 10am PST on Thursdays and you can sign up to our calendar here. Note that individuals and teams that get funding from Rarible DAO may be required to fill in W8 and W9-BEN forms for tax purposes.
For those interested, here is a link to our DAO newsletter: https://raribledao.substack.com/
How to submit your proposal
1) Come up with an idea!
Got an idea? Great!
Ask members of the Rarible community about your idea, and see what they think. You don’t need a polished proposal at this stage! There is a #proposal-ideas channel in Discord which is a good place to get feedback.
It’s also a really good idea to show up to our community calls to share your proposal with the community! Every Thursday, 10am PST using this link: https://zoom.us/j/2280660974 (or add to your google calendar here).
2) Create your proposal
Before you post in the forum, make sure you create a draft proposal to get feedback from some community members. A template can be found here: Proposal Template. Please try to minimize formatting so that it can paste nicely in Snapshot!
Once you’ve gotten it reviewed, feel free to post in the DAO Governance category.
3) Get feedback from the team and community
If the idea is feasible, and we see there is interest from the community, the proposal will pass to snapshot. Below are some requirements before it achieves this milestone:
- The proposal should be technically feasible
- The proposal should have been on the forum for a minimum of 4 days
- The proposal should follow all of the recommendations in the Proposal Template
- There should be no major concerns from the Rarible team
- We have also started public proposal reviews with the community at 7am PST on Wednesdays which you can join via this link
NOTE: Small proposals (<10K) may go through a less rigorous review process and move to Snapshot without public review.
4) The proposal is posted in Snapshot
Proposals will be posted in Snapshot by a Rarible team member. They will appear in the “core” tab (see here).
- The proposal will be posted for 5 days
- The proposal will have Vote FOR and Vote AGAINST options
- The proposal will include the copy from the forum post, as well as a link to the original forum post
Proposals that do not meet these criteria will not be implemented by the multisig.
The community votes in Snapshot. Feel free to share the proposal to get support for your proposal!
If the proposal passes (votes FOR > votes AGAINST), steps are taken to execute the proposal via the Rarible DAO multisig.