Rarible stole me money

Hi,

I tried to create an item.
I was shown first a cost which was related with a transaction fees and was about 12 dollars which I clicked yes to. Then I was shown another cost which was 80 dollars and I didn’t proceed as I didn’t have that amount of money in my wallet.
I did this procedure twice and the second time I wasn’t even asked if I wanted to give 12 dollars.
In total I got ripped of 26 dollars from my wallet and I don’t have anything in return (no nfts).
I think there was a problem, as justifying this would be ridiculous.

I want my money back!
Please sort this out.

2 Likes

Having the exact same problem.

Attempted to upload some of my digital art, paid the original transaction fee but then proceeded to ask for another fee. Tried to cancel that so I could add more to my wallet but now my original upload is gone with the charge being sent to my wallet. I’d really love to get my money back since I’ve literally gotten nothing out of this so far. Feels like a scam for people trying to get into the market.

Still waiting to hear back from Rarible

I had the same experience.

same here, id stay away from this site, stole my money too

The same Here!!. I want my eth back!

Sorry to hear that. Have yo tried reaching out to them?

You should try reaching out to support. I am sure there is something they can do to help you.

I’ve send an email to support. I suggest everybody who had this problem to send one.
If they don’t give us an answer, we then can warn other users that use this platform on Reddit etc.

Same to me. Weth deposit is been rejected but the Eth are no longer in the MetaMask account

Hello people, I think all of you are very confused :upside_down_face:

The first fee you pay, which is not going to rarible in any way btw, is only to allow the future transactions to take place between your wallet and the rarible platform. The second fee is the fee you pay to create and list an item, this fee also does not go to rarible.

These fees are just the price needed to execute the contracts on the blockchain and are paid to the miners that own the computer hardware doing that.

What all of you have lost was not stolen by rarible but rather earned by the miners. If you don’t have enough money, or underbid the gas, your transactions will fail and you will still have paid the price.

Blockchain is not free, it’s not monopoly money, read up on it friends or risk losing at every turn.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

6 Likes

The first fee you pay, which is not going to rarible in any way btw, is only to allow the future transactions to take place between your wallet and the rarible platform.

First of all I payed this fee twice which doesn’t make any sense to me.

These fees are just the price needed to execute the contracts on the blockchain and are paid to the miners that own the computer hardware doing that.

When you pay for a service you should get something in return.
Rarible should have implemented their system in a way that doesn’t allow you to pay if you don’t have the total gas required.

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense friend. You have not received any service from the platform, only transacted on the network, the initial fee is not paid to them, and is to open the channel. Rarible has no control over your wallet funds and cannot predict gas fees in advance, nor lock transactions from happening. Your wallet is sovereign, which is what you want in crypto. You just need to accept responsibility friend, have some humor and see it as a learning opportunity :upside_down_face:

That is also likely not due to the platform, mistransacts happen all the time on this chain. Ethereum is not without fail, nor are wallets. Are you using a cheap browser extension wallet? If yes, then you have already failed yourself. Do some research, upgrade your hardware, come back fresh and try again, my advice. Or just use one of many other nft platforms, rarible is kinda in dev still with a gettho community governance structure, it’s bound to have it’s flaws, all DAOs do.

Cheers

3 Likes

Same situation… spent hard mined eth to upload art and…

1. the site nickel and dimes you with fees at every point
  2. after nickeling and dimeing you it won’t upload the file.

The site should at least save the file in a holding area since I paid to get through the 1st pay wall.
Also if you look there is a cheaper option but that “slow” option always times out so you have to use the “fast” option.

Help and I want my listing up

and @JayComtios been mining crypto for a min. Your ans are BS. Its a poor platform and should be communicated to users before money is exchanged. The site literally has a “How it works” page that does not does not detail how it works.

Here are more complete answers for you friend, you still seem very confused :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Helpful, but still does not excuse the “slow” option not working or the non-refundable pay walls. Also you as a commenter should’t have the responsibility of informing people on how the site works.

If crypto is going to be the future it has to be more convenient than paper

When you pay for a service you should get something in return.
(the first transaction you do is a transaction that rarible asks you to do - not your wallet)

That doesn’t make sense friend. You have not received any service from the platform, only transacted on the network, the initial fee is not paid to them, and is to open the channel. Rarible has no control over your wallet funds and cannot predict gas fees in advance, nor lock transactions from happening. Your wallet is sovereign, which is what you want in crypto. You just need to accept responsibility friend, have some humor and see it as a learning opportunity :upside_down_face:

Are you part of the support team of rarible? I guess not. If not stop saying excuses all the time for something that is problematic from start to finish. When so many people say “they are scammed”, then “they are scammed”! Calling them uninformed is more a platform’s problem than that of the users. This is a rule of having any serious (legal) business.

Moreover, it is really easy to keep a running mean of gas fees. Many sites do it. Secondly notify the user that they should have “about” 100$ worth of ethereum in their wallet with a margin of error of 10 or 20$. These are things that anyone can code.

That is also likely not due to the platform, mistransacts happen all the time on this chain. Ethereum is not without fail, nor are wallets. Are you using a cheap browser extension wallet? If yes, then you have already failed yourself. Do some research, upgrade your hardware, come back fresh and try again, my advice. Or just use one of many other nft platforms, rarible is kinda in dev still with a gettho community governance structure, it’s bound to have it’s flaws, all DAOs do.

I didn’t open a wallet in order to buy ethereum. I opened a wallet and bought ethereum in order to create NFT. So first of all, a user that wants to buy NFTs shouldn’t necessarily care or be expected to be informed about crypto.

As a wallet, I use metamask. Everybody says so. I did my research. But as I said it’s not up to me after a point. In short: “if someone needs to be overinformed about a service in order not to get scammed and the service doesn’t inform them, then this services is problematic.”

So for now the platform of Rarible can drain money without a purpose from your account if you don’t have all the gas required from the beginning (that you don’t know about). As their support team doesn’t give a damn addressing this issue, I will let other people know about it.

Is the first fee charged in every subsequent transaction. Or paid once and done for the account?

once per account, once per platform. SO if you open an account on mintable for example, you’ll have to open a new channel and pay that fee

Got it! Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like