Rarible vs Foundation

Hey all, I’ve just been invited to foundation and are waiting for verification on rarible. Anyone had any experience as to which platform is best? I’m about to mint a new artwork but undecided where to mint it to. I have so far minted three to rarible but not promoted them, was waiting until verified. Any thoughts or tips?

My items for reference…

6 Likes

Hello, I started on Rarible with NSFW animations and today I minted my first piece on Foundation. And I have to say I prefer Rarible… First, it’s a horrible experience to receive an invitation to Foundation (some people offered me one for money), the second time - my first minted piece has broken preview… So for me, Foundation is a big disappointment so far.
What I appreciate as well is the community on Rarible and easy way, how to connect with other artists. It’s very helpful when is there a problem you want to solve and the community tries to help you.

13 Likes

I too have had a Foundation invite recently. I’ll definitely minting at least 3 artworks there over the coming weeks, if only to see if there’s better exposure. Hopefully your art will sit better on FND as it’s not mixed up with all the collectible GIFs on Rarible and OpenSea.

1 Like

are you verified on rarible? Im wondering if that makes much difference?

1 Like

I am, it’s made no difference to sales. I don’t believe buyers are using the search function, so I try to focus on Twitter for now.

4 Likes

I’ve had more sales on OpenSea. I think it’s about trying the find the right market on each platform.

4 Likes

good call. Yep i joined twitter when I joined foundation and are playing catchup to get a decent following.

im @ShaunBowden15 if you care to share yours ill follow

1 Like

Sure thing, Shaun :+1:

https://twitter.com/EnchantStudios

1 Like

true. I think im going to plan my first one on foundation carefully.

any thoughts on reserve price on foundation?

I’ve heard on Discord that you don’t want to go below 0.2 ETH as there are a number of gas fees, plus FND take 15%.

3 Likes

I looked into foundation and the utterly bizarre, rigged voting process just put me off. The amount of messing around to get in… ridiculous. I think it’s preying on people’s desperation to find their big break. I’ve been active in Rarible less than two days, and already just this community makes it feel like home.

6 Likes

Same

Like how you get an invite to FND then realise it’s just an invite to vote for others and you see your place dropping by a thousand each day … I think they’re trying to capitalise on the “exclusivity” of an invite-only-gallery and the commission is one of the exact reasons I’m streamlining all my galleries and dumping most of them

I’m going to release a painting later that will be exclusive to Rarible, not even for sale on my own website; some will think it’s pointless 'cause not verified but I’ll promote it anyway, build my portfolio here, transfer all my tangible paintings here while also playing with digital combined with thangible

It’s a new sea to explore :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m going to at least give rarible a proper go. I’ve had some success in other galleries. This one though of all the ones I’m on has a very strong and active space for discussion. That’s a big deal. I don’t want to mess around with twitter and discord all the time.

1 Like

Whilst toying with the idea of joining Foundation I was on their Discord… it made me feel dirty. All these needy desperate people scrambling to get into this “exclusive” club. It was yucky to be around, and the invite system is ripe for gaming, as in scamming.

2 Likes

Hi!

thanks for this thread! interessant!

greetings

1 Like

True that :slight_smile:

Another one is, and I don’t know if anyone has heard of them before but please let me know if you have, Portion.io that I’ve just been invited to join as a tangible creator; but, when I look at their tangible work for sale, there is just one artist and the rest of the feed is filled with lots of different work by artists including Banksy, and those works aren’t for sale and nor have they been tokenised; that, to me, is a definite red flag

So it could be that Portion.io is a young guy out for a night with fake id and will eventually get older, but, for now, I’m going to stay with Rarible too

1 Like

I just felt dirty just asking there where can I get an invitation. Instead of a normal answer, I get those words, that I am

I felt sad because I didn’t really know how it works and I came just for an answer :frowning:

2 Likes

Greetings! I’m enjoying the conversation too!

1 Like

Yeah and who’d want to be a part of that creep-show?

2 Likes

It breaks down like this.
I wanted to join, so, I signed up, created an account. I went through the application.
I was given five votes to use to vote for others. This apparently is how you get in. The person with most votes gets an invite.
However, after casting votes for desperate strangers
Who were clogging up my inbox, I learnt that the five votes you use must be used to vote for five people “They” have nominated for that week (month?) Any of your votes not used to vote for these five superstars are literally for nothing…
If you don’t vote for all five, you slide down the rankings into the Bog of Eternal Stench.
Not only that, upon learning if my faux pas with the votes, in returning to the Discord I learnt I was now only a “second level” member of the Discord, unable to see comments etc from other members who were higher levels than me.
And, get this! The folks in the running for nomination, the special five, were interesting. Number one was (drum roll) the admin of the foundation discord! The whole thing just smacks of something creepy and I got out straight away.

2 Likes