Some help with my first NFT please? .mp4 does not play

Hi,
Ok here is an NFT that I just minted:

I am pretty sure that I did everything correct and I found this previous chain about .mp4’s not playing in the preview** window so I got that part:

However, when I upload and complete the minting process, the .mp4 does not play when I click on the animated .gif in my profile. I only see the white screen (but I can hear the audio).
I am super new to this process and wondering what I am doing wrong? Is it supposed to be like that?

Not too sure how to troubleshoot the issue (if there is one)

Thanks so much for the help - much appreciated - (sad face)

3 Likes

Hey, I see you’ve solved it somehow. What was the issue? I’m running into the same thing right now.

Hiya, so it turns out that my problem was that the file that I was trying to upload was not encoded correctly. I was encoding the .mp4 using a free tool and I needed to try it again using something like media encoder or other legit tool.
I reached out to tech support and they told me to also ensure that I was using the H264 setting in terms of encoding the file.
The best* thing to do I think would be to join the discord server and reach out for help there. I did that and was able to get help pretty quickly.
I hope that this helps?

2 Likes

I was going to say that. How you have encoded the file will play a pretty big role in whether or not it’s compatible.

I’m having that exact issue right now…but I did use Media Encoder using h.264 and it keeps crashing when I try to upload it to rarible…I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong in my encoding process that would have it not accept it…

Hi,- if you used the media encoder and it crashes when* you upload, then chances are that there is something not right on the Rarible end. Have you reached out to them through their discord?
You can access it through the menu at the top nav bar, if you click on “community” and then click on the icon next to the instagram logo/icon. I hope you get a solution soon.

Hey @moebocop. Why did you burned 3 edition of your work?

Probably because I did it wrong the first couple of times, and had to keep minting until I got it right. In the end the problem was that I was not using the right method to encode my project.

Hello @moebocop,

Did the burnt tokens disappears from your listing?
@bencura try to erase the burnt tokens from his listing but he can’t. Any lead on that please?

My NFT here and my profile here
I always follow for follow, even on instagram where you can see my other pieces and my painting process.

well I am not an expert, but* if you just tried to remove it from your collection, then it might take a little while for it to disappear from your collection.
If not then maybe try disconnecting and connecting your wallet again.
If that does not work, you can try reaching out to tech/support on their discord channel It’s probably the fastest way to get help. You can access it through the menu at the top nav bar, if you click on “community” and then click on the icon next to the instagram logo/icon. I hope you get a solution soon.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your answer :slight_smile:

My NFT here and my profile here
I always follow for follow, even on instagram where you can see my other pieces and my painting process.

I’ll check it out! Thanks @moebocop and @Sheratan

My Profile
NFT Website

@ Sheratan, @ bencura

you’re welcome

I had the same problem with my first 4 uploads … even using H264 with adobe media encoder. I believe it may have been due to the size of 3000x3000 - when switching to half size (1500) it seemed to work fine… all my others are still not playing.