Super big gas fee (you will not believe it)

My name is Olenka, I’m a new user of Rarible. I posted few works and I got 2 bids recently. I decided to accept them but was shocked by the gas fee amount. I attached a screenshot, 636$ fee (!!!). And my potential buyer offered me 80$ approximately. How can I sell my work when fees are so big? is it possible to decrease it somehow?

Pm44kny

1 Like

I have personally never seen a Gas Fee that high. There are sites you can go to that show you what the Gas Fees are at the time you are accepting a bid. The one I use is called Gasnow.org.

2 Likes

You basically can’t till fees come down to a decent price . It can take days to weeks . I currently have this same issue . And don’t sale short hold till you can if you can afford to . I’ve paid $5.00 to $70 and bids of $7k a transfer just a few days ago and now its insane . Just stay positive check at late late nights very early am sometimes cheaper big time .
There’s currently something in the works that’s gonna help these fees and make ethereum more green .

2 Likes

Hello and welcome among us @pvwork9

These gas fees are bugs. I can’t remember how but there’s a solution. Do you use coinbase or metamask wallet?

I wish you the best here :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for your advice. Good to know that ethereum may be improved, I did not know about it

2 Likes

hello,

thank you for your response and support! I really appreciate this

I’m using metamask wallet

3 Likes

Ok, that"s why, you need to reset your metamask wallet (use google to know how to do it). It should fix your problem.

1 Like

Hi Olenka, welcome here, try deleting your cookies on your web browser and see what will happen. It should work. I hope you sell a lot and buy a lot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I did wallet reset but it did not help(((
fee was decreased a bit, to 450$, but it’s super big comparing to my item price

1 Like

I cleaned everything in my browser but it did not work unfortunately((
thank you for you support

2 Likes

it’s clearly a bug. Sorry I have no further solution to suggest as I do not use Metamask. Maybe you should dig into the forum, this problem was already adressed.

1 Like

Try this??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqyJQTPeU0

thank you for a link you shared. I tried it but does not work. It gives me the error “ALERT: Transaction Error. Exception thrown in contract code.

1 Like

Keep on trying, it should get back to normal!!!

My Profile and NFTs

My Instagram

Twitter

I don’t know what that means, my gas fee is like $7. I wish I could help you there, try asking on Discord Rarible, they can help you.

It’s a really strange thing. I have ~8$ fee when I try to mint assets, but 600$ fee when I try to accept bid

Thank you for your help!)

Different types of transactions do have different fees so it’s normal for the mint fee to be different than the sale/transfer fee…however that gas fee is just insane. Proof of stake can’t come soon enough!

1 Like

Also, this may not apply to @pvwork9, but I read that when you mint can affect the gas fee as well. Mine have generally been around $10, and I typically mint late night or early morning Eastern Standard Time.

1 Like

Same with PST really can be the best times to search buy mint create . Enjoy

1 Like

Yes that’s also true! For those who may be reading this and are don’t know how it works, a short dumbed down summary:

The Ethereum blockchain exists on a bunch of computers, the blockchain contains everything currently on the blockchain as well as a historical record of everything that’s happened. Building and maintaining that takes a lot of memory space and computing power. No one would want to help maintain that for free because it would cost you a lot of money every month. So to encourage people to store/process transactions, there’s a fee paid to these “miners” every time you make a transaction for them to add it to the blockchain, and that’s what the gas fee is. Miners are gonna process transactions that pay more gas because they make more money that way. Then it becomes supply and demand, as the network gets busier, gas fees go up. You can manually adjust the gas fee, if you pay extra your transaction will happen faster, but if you pay lower it could take a longtime before your transaction goes through (until no one is offering higher gas than you), too low and the transaction will never happen. That’s why late at night/early morning is cheaper because there is less blockchain activity, ‘supply’ is low so the gas fee miners can charge goes down.

Anyway hope that is clear as mud for how that works for those that don’t know. That’s of course a simplification and if I got something wrong someone who knows more please jump in and correct!

1 Like