Which one do collectors prefer; animations or images?

Hi everyone,
Every art expert and collector has his or her own perspective on evaluating artworks. Which is respectable. But I’m curious to know are animations and animated images worth more?
Which “NFT” do you prefer as an artist and collector?
I have worked in both fields:

Please share your artworks
9 Likes

I think as an artist you should not work to please the collector, but instead work to please yourself as an artist. You should ask yourself with every artwork: is this “me” ?

As an artist myself, I never ponder whether my work is liked by ‘the collector’. They either like it or they don’t, and heck, even if they don’t they could still buy it because they see value in it anyway. You make your art in your own field, right, not the collectors.

Your question as itself is not really answerable since you are generalizing ‘the collector’ or ‘the artist’ and everything hinges on your and their personal tastes. What is loved by some is hated by others and viceversa.

18 Likes

Thanks for your good analysis and helpful tips. :pray:
As an artist, I agree with you. The artist’s thoughts take precedence

3 Likes

That, that right there @Baran - what @rickwezenaar said is simply the perfect answer and I hope we never live in an age where art can be A and B tested …

5 Likes

Thank you for your attention.
I hope so too

3 Likes

I was wondering about this same thing, but I guess my question is more about what people do with NFT artworks.

Do people just keep them in a wallet or online collection and just view it from the outside. Or do people actually click the artwork and watch the whole thing?

Again I know that is the artist choice in what they create and always should be, but at the same time this is a marketplace and the idea is to hopefully sell those artworks. So I am really interested to know how the wider community uses/displays there collection.

3 Likes

@Baran for me, it doesn’t matter whether the item is animated or not. I base the work on the content itself, how it feels to me and my taste. I also look at it from the artists perspective, if I feel it’s taken the artist a great deal of their time to create the work and it’s great to look at, then I deem it worth more than something that’s taken 2 minutes. Also, the addition of unlockable content will always have a bearing in the price.

That’s just my take, I’m sure some will disagree with me.

:+1:t2:

5 Likes

The correct answer is: animation.
greetings :rainbow::heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for your participation in the discussion.
You mentioned an important point.
The time and energy that an artist spends for creating artwork of art are very important. More important than that NFT is animation or not.
I also saw your collection of works. They have an interesting variety. :+1:

1 Like

At first glance, the animation looks more attractive. But this should not be the only evaluation criterion.
I saw your collection of animations. They were very creative :cherry_blossom: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks dude. I have a wide variety of interests! That’s the reason I haven’t minted another NFT yet as I’ve struggled to decide which one I want to mint next!

3 Likes

:+1
It is difficult to choose from this variety.
Good luck

3 Likes

Incidentally, my students and friends ask me a lot about this.
A group buys them as an investment and a group for personal interest.
I’m eager to read my friends’ opinions as well
:cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Dear friends, do you think this animation can be NFT?

I’m not so sure.
Thank you for taking the time to watch my animation.
:pray:

3 Likes

With the pace of the city, I find the animation a little bit too slow.

2 Likes

I think one of the worst things you can do as an artist is to ask other artists, on the interwebs, if they wonder how you could improve your work

If you are going to call yourself an artist then please, be one - show us your work and say yeah man, “I am thunder - hear me roar!”

3 Likes

it’s interesting and I have nothing to say about the idea, but more about the execution. It could be a bit more realistic. Because of the movement of the camera it is very clear this is an animation. But if you would use tracking to move the animation with the movement of the camera it would be much more realistic. That is, of course, my own opinion and how I would do it :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you for your comment.
It’s a little hard but I will try :pray: :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I enjoy and am inspired, to make both as an artist.
And I find its the same when I’m the observer, I respond to many mediums.
I find there can be art in the simple actions people take… In the way they live their lives.

to me there are no real limitations…

3 Likes

Thank you for your participation in our discussion.
I will be happy if you share your NFTs link with us :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like