Which one do collectors prefer; animations or images?

It seems like most artist are creating motion arts as NFTs and it is more common! However I have been hearing from alot of artists on Clubhouse that usually they sell their still Images faster than their animated motion arts!
Although since too many variables go into this, it is not very clear which style is more successful in the long run and I would prefer to stick to what feels right for each artwork regardless!
What do you guys think?
I feel like the whole NFT thing is so young that it is still a child and it could grow into anything based on its environment and we should not cloud our mind on what is working right now!
I understand the financial aspect of it though but patience is the key here!
It is only time to create right now!

4 Likes

you got the point !!
an artist shd never work to please the collector !!
:+1: :+1:

3 Likes

@Baran This is a very interesting animation! However personally I think it would look more interesting in a different space. The city is too busy. Maybe creating a quiet simple black or white space would put more focus on the animation. You also need some sort of story or theme as to what you are trying to say with this animation (what meaning does it have to you?) or else it just becomes a cool looking design being animated and nothing more.

Also never try and figure out the collector’s mind. It will be different for each collector! Stick to what you love to create whether its static images or animations… please only yourself! Good luck!

4 Likes

@Baran I want to answer your question, I am also a collector and I show in my Instagram stories the NFTs of my different collections. I also do this on my website, and there I ranked them to help the visitor.

I like both genres. There are breathtaking entertainment (out of my budget at the moment but I do not despair). For the feedback I have regarding visitors to my collection, there is no trend preference that emerges.

Link of my collection (I still have to add about thirty NFTs) https://www.mjwarg.com/ma-collection

4 Likes

I agree with you. @IVANNAVI
The artist’s thought is more important.
Thanks

1 Like

You mentioned an important point @arsalanzeimaran :

• NFT is so young
  • patience is the key here!
    As you said, now it is better to use this opportunity to create new artworks and develop this field.
2 Likes

I want to render this form in different places. I will definitely pay attention to what you said.
Thanks @NFTme
In my country, “Iran”, dancing in public is forbidden for women.
This work is a metaphor for dancing in the city.
I liked this sentence: only yours :+1:
:+1:
I have a question
I saw your collection, it has a lot of variety.
Very interesting
Can you explain a little bit about the selection of these works for us

2 Likes

Hi JRH, You mention “the addition of unlockable content”, and this is something I have been wondering about. When I am creating/minting work, I see the “unlock once purchased” option, which once engaged then asks for a digital key, code to redeem or link.

I’m guessing that this option impacts/increases value for collectors, but I’m not quite sure. I also wonder how I set this up properly/offer this option to collectors?

Are you able to explain this section any further? Many thanks in advance if you don’t mind sharing how this works :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I have seen artwork that have been completely ruined by animation. At the same time I have also seen work that has been made a 100 times better with animation. Ultimately it depends on how you use animation to enhance your work. As an artist it is extremely important if you have to have enough self awareness to figure out whether your work needs to be improved upon and after that how can you improve it with animation and if it is even necessary. I would recommend not going for animaton route unless you absolutely need it. Because animation is a time consuming task. Time that could be spent making newer artworks

3 Likes

Hello @ProFound

Really all you have to do is add a link that will take you to whatever your unlockable content is. For example, it could be a Dropbox link that contains video clips on how the art was created, or a link to your personal contact details, which they can then use to contact you to redeem a physical piece of the NFT they have purchased.

That’s just some basic examples, There are many things you can do here.

:+1:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

2 Likes

@Baran Okay I see your reasoning now! If that is the case then it may be a good idea to say that in the description of your animated NFT about the dancing in public being forbidden for women in Iran.

When I purchase NFTs as a collector the majority are actually for “resell” and investment purposes. There are only a few that I purchased because I really liked it on a personal level and will likely have them displayed in my home in the future and will never sell them. So the majority of my purchases I choose based on its potential resell value and in my opinion the more variety of different types of NFTs I have, the more people I can sell too as art is subjective and everyone has their own particular tastes. So when buying NFTs for resell purposes I always try and put myself into the shoes of a potential buyer and try and make an educated guess as to whether the NFT could be attractive to that specific type of person, For example some people really love sci-fi themes, and others are just crazy about cats so I have NFTs currently that would satisfy both target buyers. Hope that helps!

5 Likes

I really think its in the eye of the beholder and no one size fits all.

5 Likes

This is one of my NFTs which is a Motion Art but it also has an unlockable link to it’s original still Image and the high quality version of it + the original Audio file!
So you can also do something like this If you are not sure which works best with your artwork and this way it could be more encouraging for the collector to get both out of one artwork!

6 Likes

I try and make both, please view my new release here;

3 Likes

@arsalanzeimaran This is a beautiful scary piece you have created my friend! Good stuff!

3 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your attention. :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:
Dear MJ, I could not find your Rarible link.
Please share for us

1 Like

Thanks for your participation in the discussion.
Share more with us

1 Like

What is your real face?
The animation you are watching has been selected from the “Man, Life and Existence” series. I have worked on many animations and pictures of this collection in previous years. But I did not find a good space to present. I’m glad to show you :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes