Why are my new nft banned?

I am new to nft so this is very sad first experience… I purchased 4 nfts, 3 bored ape ones and one really cheap but cute nft from opensea… For hours after purchase my nfts were in opensea website under my profile when my wallet was connected to it… then suddenly 3 ape ones disappeared from the profile even though they are still in my wallet… when i logged in to Rarible, it says that my account or nfts are temporarily banned or blocked… I am not sure why they would suddenly be blocked without any notice even though I bought them from bored ape and I am not involved in criminal activities like money laundering… I sent few messages to the site yesterday but I am very antsy because I spent 2500 on them and that’s a lot of money… Did this happen to anybody else?? Also, how long does it take Rarible to respond to these request messages?? I would appreciate any information!! Thanks!!

This happens sometimes when somebody buys or sells expensive nfts to make sure that Rarible is not used for criminal activities. I have the same problem with 3 expensive nfts which are temporarily blocked from public access. Here in Switzerland money laundering does not interest anybody, but in other countries it may be different.
However, I don’t think money laundering is a problem on Rarible, as the founders Alex Salkinov and Alexei Falin are Russians, and money laundering is an integral part of the Russian economy.

Hello boredapeclub!
Thank you for responding! So what are you doing about your nfts? Has this happened to you before other than these three? You sound so calm about it… I get that money laundering could be a problem in this space but they are not requiring any sort of KYC to buy nfts so I am bit confused about this. They should be more proactive than blocking or banning after purchase without requesting any information.
I guess I need to know if this really is temporary and they will fix this once they verify whatever information or if I’ve lost my money.:frowning: Thanks!

1 Like

It’s sad what happened to you, but I don’t think you should worry. It’s written on the blockchain and the nfts are yours. Just continue your work. Keep in touch with Rarrible. Join the Discord group and raise the issue there. It will be fixed in time.

1 Like

Thanks Roy! Trying not to let it get to me but it’s so frustrating… They are putting people in this state of helplessness and it’s just so unfair that we have no other recourse but to just wait.
I will join discord and see if others have been in this situation and what their outcomes have been. Crypto space is so volatile that ur account goes up and down thousands at a time and you become immune to large sums of money but for most of working people that are investing in this for our future, every little bit is important and we should not be taken advantage of like this. Investment going down is one thing and if I was laundering money it’s another, but smart contract isn’t for people if they get to block or ban your purchases for no reason without supplying any information.
I am venting… Thank you for your response!!

1 Like